Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shoe Box

Remember the boxes that I found in our friend's basement? (See them again here)


Well, Otto finally found a home! I only cleaned him up a little bit  so he wouldn't look so dusty, but that's it! I loved the worn wood and even the little bits of pencil markings on him. I've been trying to create ways to display my belongings instead of hiding them away in a closet or a box, and there was no way that he was going to be somewhere unseen! So now, he proudly shows off a couple pairs of shoes :) 



This is probably one of my favorite corners of my room. I'm hoping to recover that little record player in the future. My brother and I used it a lot when we were younger, so we didn't mind the colorful hot air balloons and clouds, but now I'm thinking it needs a little updating. I'm also thinking about repainting the table it's sitting on, but after working on the spindles on the little table I think I'll wait awhile..

As for the other box, it's not quite done yet. It's on my longgggggg list of things to do. Right now I'm working on getting the original stain off and still trying to decide what to do about the inside of it. Have any ideas? I'd be happy to hear them! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)