Saturday, May 19, 2012

Little Boxes

Happy Saturday! Here's a look at what I've been up to the past couple days:

The other day we were visiting some family friends, who've graciously let me hunt for new projects in their basement. It was then that I discovered these little beauties...


Aren't they just lovely?! The box on the left appears to be an old, wooden milk crate. I'm sure he will have no problem finding a new home in my room :) I'm not exactly sure what purpose the box on the right was made for, but it is very solid and spacious. It even has a little latch on the front, in case you have something secret to lock in ;)  However, when I opened it...


Eeeeek! That sure is a bright red! That will definitely have to go. I'm thinking maybe a deep blue or a rich yellow would be a nice new base coat for the interior. There is also the decision of whether to remove the current, slippery stain on the outer wood and replace it with something different. Someday it'll be a wonderful little storage piece :)

This brings me to my current project - the little artsy table! I am in love with this table, it has such a unique shape! I was lucky enough to spot it at a garage sale for $3 :) It's also the guinea pig for my first time stripping paint!! Wish me luck...


Isn't it just adorable?! I have plans for this little guy.


Mmmmmm... strippy ;) This is little drawer is missing his knobs! Not to worry, new ones will be on the way soon.

To finish off, I'll leave you with a photo of how I prepared to get this little guy started! Enjoy.


Chemistry safety goggles + yellow rubber gloves = extremely attractive.

-Alison

3 comments:

  1. Wow cool boxes! Can't wait to see the finished project on the table and boxes. Bonnie and I are thinking of a unique painting project in our house that may be right up your your alley. Will have to get your opinion. Roger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds like a blast, let me know! :)

      Delete
  2. Ali dear you are too cute! i cant wait to see what you do with these projects!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)