Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Little Yellow

So guess what, guys!
 I recently obtained a smartphone and after taking a week to figure out how it works, I realized it has a pretty decent camera! This is very exciting news, especially since I've been working on projects up the wazoo over here. I mean, what else was I supposed to do while being stuck inside for 3 days straight during a horrible ice storm that shut down the entire city?? 

One of my many projects included finishing up a desk I picked up this fall at a garage sale. I don't know why it took me so long to finish up, but I'm so relieved that it's finished and I'm ready to get it out of my house!!! 

So now I present to you, my first finished piece of refinished furniture! 




Okay, but really. How horrible is the hardware on this? That's why I chucked it. :)

And this is the result...



To break up the boldness of the yellow and bring out the white of the knobs, I added three white stripes to the insides of each of the drawers. BAM!

And aren't the new knobs absolutely adorable? I sure think so. 

Forgive the fuzzies please!
Overall, I'm really pleased with how it came out! I'm really looking forward to my next furniture project, and the fact that I can take pictures until I get a legitimate digital camera makes me so happy. :)

Have a great week!!
-Alison

2 comments:

  1. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I guess I was so excited that I had pictures that I forgot to explain the process. Sorry! After removing the hardware, I sanded down the entire thing and applied two coats of primer. Then I added two or three coats of yellow paint and sealed it with polyurethane. Lastly, I inserted white contact paper in the drawers and put on the knobs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)