Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY Beach Tank

Spring break is almost here!! 

In preparation for the beach, I decided to make myself some attire that would be perfectly suited for the islands. After rummaging through my closet, I found a couple shirts that I hadn't worn in a very long time and went to it! For the first one, I chose a simple white tank that was too short for me. I knew I wanted to make it personal, so my closest friend/travel buddy and I searched through our playlists for hours for the perfect lyric. 

"And she did it for fun."
 (Natalie by Bruno Mars)

So, I measured and cut my shirt to the desired length. (Sorry, no before picture.)
Then I began sketching out the layout for the lyric. 


Luckily, my shirt fit perfectly over my sketchbook and I was able to trace the words directly!



For this project, I used a 0.5 Permawriter Fabric pen. I liked the fine lines it gave me, and it didn't seem to really bleed too much. 


And voila! Now it's super fun shirt that's ready to hit the beach. :)

-Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)