Sunday, August 12, 2012

Living in the 50's

Remember that desk that I'm working on? I picked it up at a garage sale run by two elderly couples. They were so nice and very funny! Right when we got out of the car one of the gentlemen started pointing out different thing and telling us that "we wouldn't find it anywhere else!" Well, he was right about some things. After we made our way back into the garage, I noticed an old, wooden ironing board resting against the wall. There wasn't a price tag, so I asked the lady if it was for sale and for how much. She looked at it, said sure and 5 bucks. I tried to hide my excitement.. Sold!! 


Isn't it beautiful?? I love the blue metal.


The original instructions were also taped to the top of it! I don't know exactly how old it is, but the pictures remind me of something from the 50's, which I love!!


Speaking of the 50's and wishing I could have lived then.. How do you like my new glasses? Somehow my camera freaked out when I took the picture and it turned out completely red and funky. I have no idea why, but I after playing around I figured it looked nice black and white.



So back to the ironing board.. At first I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to paint it just yet, since I love how the wood looks and it's pretty sturdy standing up. So I decided to bring it down to my room and use it as a shelf!


A perfect fit :) 
That little box under the table is another project I have saved.. It's a storage foot rest I picked up at the Goodwill a few months ago. I'm hoping to recover it if I can find the right fabric.. Also notice my bat for protection in case I stumble upon any intruders.


I decided to take the paper off the board so my cat wouldn't ruin it when she used it as a perch. It's now hanging above my brushes on the wall :)


See?? She loves it! I guess it was more for her than for me after all.

Have any other ideas for a wooden ironing board? I'd love to hear from you!
-Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)