Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Skillful Sailor

As I have often said before, I love finding new and exciting treasures. A few months back my mom and I were doing some late garage sale searching when we stumbled upon a house with multiple items out in their driveway. As we got closer, we noticed a sign that said "FREE" and I was giddy with excitement. That day I brought home a beautiful coffee table, which I will hopefully get started on this week, and this large piece of plywood. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.


After a nice good sanding, I drew out my design in pencil. I tried taking a picture of that step, but the pencil didn't show up well :(  Then I got to the painting! After getting the picture done, I got to drawing out the quote. Life has been pretty tough this year, so I decided to use the English Proverb, "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." It reminds me that without the challenges, we never grow and become stronger. 


Obviously, my photography skills aren't completely up to par yet. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! It also looks pretty rad hanging on my kitchen wall..


I've also discovered that I love painting on wood. So... that's probably what I'll be doing in the upcoming future :) 

Have a happy week!
-Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment :)